DONALD EKONG LIBRARY WEEKLY REPORT
Monday 6th October – Friday 10th November 2023
- From Monday, 6th November, to Wednesday, 8th November 2023, the American Corner, Port Harcourt, organized three (3) programs:
- 1st Program: Soft Skills Program 1. The program was on building project management, and problem-solving skills.
- 2nd Program: Soft Skills Program 2. The program focused on communication and leadership skills.
- 3rd Program: Education USA Orientation. The program provided participants with admission opportunities into postgraduate programs and scholarships in the United States of America.
Two hundred and fifty-six (256) participants attended the three programs from the Faculties of Humanities, Management, Social Science, Law, and Education.
- On Monday, 6th November 2023, the University Librarian, Dr. Helen U. Emasealu, received the accreditation team of the Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN). The team was impressed with the library’s 21st century collections, which support the nine departments in the faculty of Engineering. The team also commended the library’s overall operations.
- The Knowledge Commons (for undergraduates) and the Research Commons (for postgraduates) sections on the first floor of the Library are open to those who wish to access the Library’s electronic resources using the ICT facilities (Computers and Internet) in the Library. Similarly, the Elsevier training laboratory on the second floor has internet access to all subscribed databases and is open to faculty members.
- The Library received an update on its Lyell Database, https://www.lyellcollection.org/,The database provides registered Faculty members and researchers with information
- The Library received an update on its Population Reference Bureau Database, https://www.prb.org/, The database provides registered Faculty members and researchers with information on population, health, environment and related disciplines.
- Weekly statistics of the patronage of Donald Ekong Library showed an 8% decrease from 3,098 users in the previous week to 2,841 users in the current week.
The Library is a veritable source of knowledge. Therefore, staff and students are encouraged to seek knowledge regularly using Donald Ekong Library learning resources.
For a real-time response to information about the Library and its collections, library users can access the virtual librarian Chabot on the website of the Library as follows: https://library.uniport.edu.ng/
The dedicated staff members of Donald Ekong Library are waiting eagerly to continue rendering quality service in our first-rate Library rich in books, journals, e-resources, and other research materials. Please visit the Library: https://library.uniport.edu.ng/
Donald Ekong Library communication channels for remote access are as follows:
Dr. Helen U. Emasealu, CLN