DONALD EKONG LIBRARY WEEKLY REPORT
Monday 10th – Friday 14th July 2023
- On Monday, 10th July 2023, the University Librarian, Dr. Helen U. Emasealu, received the following book donations for library retention.
- Issues in African Government and Politics by Osahon Odemwingie – Five (5) copies. ii. Mbuban Ichaka by Emmanuel E. Solomon – Eight (8) copies.
The Management of Donald Ekong Library appreciates the donors for the kind gesture and urges other scholars and library patrons to donate books, journals and audio-visual materials to enrich the resources of the Library and promote further research.
- On Wednesday, 12th July 2023, the American Corner, Port Harcourt, organized two Programs:
- 1st Program: Blogging and Web Creation Program. This program centred on website creation, blogging tips and interactive sections of websites. Eighteen (18) persons attended the program from the Faculties of Engineering, Sciences, Media and Communication Studies, Computing and Education.
- 2nd Program: Digital Marketing Program. This program focused on digital marketing techniques, types and digital media platforms for promoting products and services.
- Two Hundred and Thirty-eight (238) researchers patronized the American Corner in the week under review. They were from the Faculties of Engineering, Sciences, Media and Communication Studies, Computing, Education, Law, Social Science and Basic Medical Sciences.
- On Thursday, 13th July 2023, the University Librarian held a general meeting with the Management and staff of the Donald E. U Ekong Library.
- The Knowledge Commons (for undergraduates) and the Research Commons (for postgraduates) sections on the first floor of the Library are open to those who wish to access the Library’s electronic resources using the ICT facilities in the Library. Similarly, the Elsevier training laboratory on the second floor has internet access to all subscribed databases and is open to faculty members.
- The library has received the update of its Springer Link Database with the new content. https://www.springernature.com/gp The database provides registered faculty members and researchers with millions of journals, books, works and proceedings for all disciplines.
- Weekly statistics of the patronage of Donald Ekong Library showed a 20% increase from 3,361 users in the previous week to 3,931 users in the current week.
For a real-time response to information about the Library and its collections, library users can access the virtual librarian Chat box on the website of the Library as follows: https://library.uniport.edu.ng/
The library is a veritable source of knowledge. Therefore, staff and students are encouraged to seek knowledge regularly using Donald Ekong Library learning resources.
Donald Ekong Library communication channels for remote access are as follows:
LinkedIn: Uniport library
Dr. Helen U. Emasealu, CLN