Knowledge /Research Commons
Knowledge Commons is for Undergraduates carrying out research. Research Commons is for Post-Graduate students and Staff carrying out academic and research work.
This room is used for training and accessing the Electronic Resources available in the library. -Sponsored by Elsevier foundation.
Wireless hotspot is available in the library in the Knowledge and Research Commons halls. Also our service extends around the library premises.
Laptops are available for lease to Post-Graduates and Staff. -Contact the Automation Librarian for more details.
Vision and Mission
The objective of the library is derived from those of its parent institution, the University of Port Harcourt. It exists to provide books, non-book/electronic resources and ancillary services which are invaluable in extending and supporting the university’s programmes of teaching, learning and Research.
To achieve the above objectives, the library strives to:
- Develop its collection to a degree that is of relevance to the needs of the university community.
- Create avenues and adequate environment for the resources to be utilized fully by the University community.
- Give qualitative reference and information service to the clients.
- Encourage the technically competent staff to join with the teaching c
THE LAY OUT OF THE LIBRARY
The Donald E.U. Ekong Library complex is made up of two wings A and B. Wing A has three floors and wing B two floors. The main entrance and exit points to the library are on the ground floor of wing B. The Reference unit, offices and some book stack rooms are on the first floor of wing B. The other book stack rooms including offices, Elsevier E-Training Room, VTLS Cataloguing Room and the Server Room are located on the second floor of wing B. Wing A has the Documents unit and the Knowledge Commons on the first floor. The second floor of wing A house the University Librarian’s office, Technical Services Department, Finance Office and the Archives. The third floor houses the Thesis/Dissertation unit and the Research Commons
- Pay the sum of N500 at Choba community bank
- Fill both the Access card and Patron Registration forms
- Come with a printout of the confirmation email sent to your mailbox
- Come for collection of card after 3 weeks
- Note: all staff are to come with their laptops only
- All are advised to submit themselves for search at the security point upon leaving the library